January's gift is another woolen soaker from a different pattern. B's been calling them Butt Sweaters. The pattern called for adding hidden rows in the tush to accommodate the bulk of a cloth diaper, which I think I did okay on. There are some gaps on the sides, but it will function just fine as it is. Again, a new technique that I know I'll be more successful with the next time I make one. This one has a smaller crotch seam than the one I made in October and cuffed legs. The pattern was actually for long pants, but I just shortened them and added the little "Charlie Brown" zig zag.
I know it will be summer, and knowing how quickly babies grow, I didn't want to make long woolens only to have the babe grow out of them before we got to use them. I have a new pattern for yet a different style--it's constructed with applix tabs in the front like a bummis cover and knitted flat. I have the perfect monkey pattern to knit onto the butt.