This week I thought I was actually getting morning sickness for the first time. I only had a little nausea when I was carrying Burke, and have been a little less light-headed this round, but a little more queasy. No luck. It ended up being a stomach virus or the flu. I forgot that when you throw up a lot the vessels around your eyes pop and it looks like you have red freckles. Ugg.
Luckily it was quick to pass, but I was still down for three days.
I thought I'd post quickly on the craft front, and share more about the house tomorrow... I still have to take photos and stuff of the new porch roof, finished drywall, cabinetry that's been started in the kitchen, new side door, and finished tile work in the kitchen.
Anyhow, here's a quick in-progress shot of another little toy, this one for little L's first birthday. Her name is Lucille. It's the bunny pattern, but with modifications for Kitty ears.
And here's Lucille, all complete. I decided to put the heart tag on the ribbon instead of sewing it on. I know that I sew them on super-securely, but I just worry too much about them getting chewed off. This way the ribbon scarf can just be removed if it becomes too "interesting." Here's hoping L loves her little kitty.
I've also decided that I'll be making one item a month for the new little one. So, here is a shot of September's item: a Sno-Cap hat knitted out of super-soft Moda Dea Dream yarn. I modeled it after my gnome hat pattern and am now convinced I need to make matching booties.
And here is the October baby item: my first knitted diaper soaker. Technically I just finished it, but I'm still counting it as October. I used the simplest pattern I could find, and I'm feeling pretty darn good about it! The only part that threw me was "weaving" the stitches together at the crotch. It took me several tries and a bit of cussing. I'm pretty sure I twisted several of the stitches when I was redoing it for the umpteenth time. I used more Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride yarn ( I love this stuff). It's 85% wool, 15% mohair. I know it will probably felt quite a bit when I wash it with the rest of the cloth diapers, but I'm okay with that. This yarn looks and feels AWESOME felted. I'll probably make another one with patterns and experiment with machine washable wool. Maybe I'll make one in linen for the summer.
The knitting fever has stuck full force. If anyone is in need of gnome hats, let me know. I've been making extras in between all these projects and am thinking about trying to cobble together an etsy shop to sell them for more yarn and supplies for the Touching Little Lives group or maybe to begin working on a charity in Burke's name.