Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Back from Dallas

Well, I'm back from visiting B in Dallas. He is there for two (count 'em, TWO) weeks of training for his job, so I flew down to distract him for the weekend. It is really strange to sit around on the weekend and not be tearing something apart or constructing something. We both kept thinking about the house and what needs to get done next. B briefly considered remodeling the hotel room, but it was decided that they wouldn't look favorably on us knocking down some adjoining walls and I doubt they'd appreciate me retiling the entire bathroom in mosaics. Wussies.


The flight home was okay, but getting there was a nightmare. My connecting flight on Tuesday from Chicago to Dallas was canceled because of lightning and storms and I had to spend the night on the floor behind a terminal desk. Then there was the struggle to reschedule. The phone number they gave us was busy, the kiosks were of no help, and the "Customer Service" line was about 100 people deep. By the time I got up there, they told me they wouldn't be able to get me on a plane until sometime Thursday afternoon. Sigh. I told them I'd try standby. So, the next morning I did make the 8:30 am flight (another flight into Chicago got delayed) so I made it to DFW at 12:30pm Wednesday instead of 9:30pm Tuesday. Ack.


So, our long weekend consisted of sitting by the hotel pool, getting the new Harry Potter and furiously reading, visiting my aunt in FW, going to the movies, hanging out with my mom, eating and drinking, and general lolly-gagging about.


And now it's back to work on the house: sanding the mudroom and priming the walls and trim. I'll post some more photos as soon as we get our card for the camera or I buy a new one.

No comments: