Friday, October 7, 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along week 9

Happy Farmer's Wife Friday!

Back on track with two new blocks this week. No real theme, except maybe "lots of little pieces."block 7: Birds in the Air
Ok, so maybe using some scraps of this awesome clouds print makes it a bit too literal, but hey! It's a perfect compliment to the orange Kona scraps! Getting those dang half square triangles of the clouds print oriented properly was a pain, but I love the overall look.


block 72: Railroad
More scrappy goodness used up! The hedgehog print is just fabulous. They managed to pack in all kinds of goodness in this Japanese print: mushrooms, flowers, hedgehogs, wee houses, clovers, flowers, apples, acorns, squirrels... you get the idea. I'm going to be so happy when I see them all in the finished quilt. I paired it with some vintage scrap of red dots from my mom's stash. Another block I'm loving!

That's it for now, I promise another update soon, complete with photos of things other than quilty stuff. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love that first one, reminds me of Toy Story :) I'm so impressed at your points!