Saturday, October 1, 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along week 8

Well, a day late and a block short from my weekly 2 block goal. There's been an upswing in orders on my Etsy site, a sure sign the weather is getting cooler in other parts of the country (and the world, for that matter), not just in our neck of the woods. So, my sewing time has been spent filling orders this past week.
block 95: Temperance Tree
What a block. I guess it could count as 2 blocks since it has a whopping 42 pieces. I'm not sure if I'm happy with the results, but I'll chalk it up as done and revisit the block later on down the line. I used some cute Japanese bits as the tree top and some more brown scraps from Norah's Brown Bear quilt. The background fabric is some vintage red scraps and a neutral crackle print from the bottom of my stash.

4 comments:

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I love the trees in a tree!That's fun fabric.

CaliQuilter said...

I love this block. The fabrics you used for the trunk, leaves and background are great!

Retrogirl said...

being too busy with etsy orders is a great problem to have! =D
Wonderful block!!

Tessa said...

beautiful! I am loving how you are pulling all the "old" stuff together for the Farmer's Wife. Loving, loving, loving, the tip of the hat to the "work with what you have" ethos of our quilting foremothers!