Saturday, August 27, 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along week 3



Here are my Farmer's Wife blocks for this week:
I've had this remnant of fabric forever, and am so pleased with the block! I knew I was hanging on to it for a reason, and I love the idea of interpreting the block in this way.

The original pattern just used two colors, but I have so many tiny scraps of fun prints, I decided to keep the white consistent and mix up a bunch of little bits. It's really addictive, I could make an entire quilt using just this block!

This was the only block I paper pieced this week. I just couldn't get the "bow" right, so I used this technique to get the points to line up accurately.


I haven't had a chance to take photos outside, but saw others participating in the Quilt Along using their scanners to take "photos," so here's my attempt.
Progress will probably come to a crushing stop as I go back to work next week. Such a mix of emotions: I love my job, I mean I LOOOOVE my job. Underline. Italics. But, am going to miss the time with the kids. We made the most of the summer, we were constantly on the move, trying to maximize every last moment.

So, you could say I'm going to downgrade my status from Farmer's Wife to Farmer's Girlfriend, or maybe Mistress. A continuing relationship but with a little less, em, commitment.

3 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

I'm on block #7 (Birds in the air) and am hand piecing my blocks. Should be fun!

Linni said...

love your fabrics, just gorgeous. Will make an amazing looking quilt.

quirky granola girl said...

the fabric for your snowball block is just perfect!