Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween!! Costumes!


...so what were we for Halloween? Well, Bennett was a robot. We toyed with different styles, and had a lot of awesome bells and whistles (foil dryer tubing "joints," awesome lights and dials) but per Bennett's requests (read: vehement vetoes) it was a simple cardboard doublet with cutouts.
We spray painted it silver, added some knobs and let him go to town with the glitter glue, added a couple of reflectors, and presto!


Underneath I bought a pair of simple grey fleece pants, a grey sweater, and he was as happy as a clam with his costume!



Norah went as a spider. I made her a pair of webby shoes using a bit of Echino I had around.I had big plans for buying a black onesie and sewing on two pairs of stuffed black socks for arms, then using a little black pilot hat, etc... But, when I stumbled across this outfit for $1.75 at a kids consignment store, I was sold. There was no way I could have made her outfit for that!
Now we just have to wait until the sugar wears off. Candy anyone???

No comments: